At Amoderm, our focus is on comprehensive, multi-modality anti-aging treatments that combine various treatment options for the most effective yet naturally-looking results. While the facial rejuvenation is often on top of everyone’s list of cosmetic procedures, we too frequently forget how important other parts of our body are in achieving comprehensive and natural-looking rejuvenation.
What Is Hand Aging?
Our hands are subject to the same aging process as our face and the rest of the body. Changes happening to include skin pigmentation, skin dryness and scaling, loss of collagen, loss of volume and plumpness and increased lines and wrinkles.
Hands are often exposed to sun light and are vulnerable to photoaging which further aggravates the problem. In fact, not only the harmful ways of suns can result in changes in color (sunspots), they can accelerate breaking down of collagen and elastin and causing more lines, wrinkles, and volume loss. Like other parts of the body, sun damage can also lead to precancerous lesions and skin cancer.
With the progressive volume loss, the veins, tendons and bony features of the back of the hands become more and more prominent and noticeable, turning our once youthful and beautiful hands into what has been described as “Zombie hands”.
As the result, hands may get disproportionally and prematurely aged compared with other parts of the body. In fact, hands are among the most noticed telltale signs of aging, and it is surprising (and unfortunate) how often people forget to give them the same attention they give to their face. We have all seen people with a beautiful youthful face and great body, but a quick look at their hands reveals a completely different image. For some, it’s the hands that give away the age, or more commonly, makes other think we are older than what we are.
What Is Hand Rejuvenation & HandLift?
Luckily, there are many things that can be done to protect our hands from the effects of aging and environmental damage, and reverse the negative impacts of aging to achieve effective hand rejuvenation. Amoderm is proud to offer many advanced hand rejuvenation treatments including:
- Microdermabrasion which can remove a superficial layer of skin to improve fine lines and some superficial pigmentations. At Amoderm, we offer medical-grade, crystal-free Diamond microdermabrasion.
- Chemical Peels (glycolic acid peels, salicylic acid peels, Jessner’s peel, and other specialized peels) which can improve the look and texture of hands by removing a superficial layer of skin.
- IPL (Photofacial) is highly effective especially in treating pigmentation, discoloration and sunspots in hands. IPL can improve brown and red spots that are commonly seen on the back of hands as we age.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments can help in stimulating new collagen production and improving wrinkle as well as tightening skin.
- Laser treatments are other effective options for hand rejuvenation. At Amoderm, we offer advanced medical lasers that are used for skin resurfacing and stimulating natural collagen production in hands. Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing (MicroLaser Peel) and CO2 Fractional Laser are highly effective treatments to help restore the natural beauty of your hands and rejuvenate them.
- Hand filler injection (HandLift) is a highly effective treatment with immediate results. In this ground-breaking treatment, your Amoderm doctor skillfully inject dermal fillers (e.g. Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane) under the skin in back of hands to restore and replenish the lost volume and achieve immediate, naturally-looking hand rejuvenation. At Amoderm, we use cannula for dermal filler injection to the hands, which allows a practically pain-free procedure with minimal discomfort and bruising. The blunt head of the flexible cannula will simply just push the structures under the skin aside without causing any damage and your doctor can often inject large amount of filler from a single point of entry.
- Finally, at Amoderm we offer various vein treatment including laser vein removal that can be used for removing and improving the appearance of visible small veins in the hands.
How to Protect Hands Against Aging?
Like many other health and rejuvenation issues, prevention is often the best treatment. Make sure to keep your hands well protected using high-quality moisturizers and sun blocks. If driving or having your hands exposed to sun light frequently, consider wearing cotton gloves for additional protection against harmful rays of sun. At Amoderm, we offer several advanced skin care products that can do wonders in protecting your hands and helping them look their best. For example:
- Amoderm Advanced Rejuvenating Serum (with Ceramide)
- Amoderm Ultra Gentle Moisturizer
- Amoderm Antiaging Moisturizing Sunscreen (with broad-spectrum SPF 50 protection)
Call us today to schedule your free consultation and explore exciting and effective options for hand rejuvenation! Amoderm in Irvine, California is the leading cosmetic medical center in Orange County for rejuvenation and antiaging procedures.