18 Endeavor, Suite 200, Irvine, CA

Fillers in upper jawline to create a more oval and squared face or cheek fillers?

Cosmetic Treatments QuestionsCategory: RadiesseFillers in upper jawline to create a more oval and squared face or cheek fillers?
A patient asked 4 years ago
I have a defined lower jawline which I feel has always made my face appear long but my upper jawline isn’t defined at all really. I was wondering would upper jawline fillers to square my jaw and cheek fillers be a good option balance it all out and still look natural? And to look more feminine but defined in the right places. I don’t have an over bite as I thought maybe I needed a jaw reduction but I am not suitable for it. Any info would be a great help. Thank you.
1 Answers
Dr. Elham Jafari Staff answered 4 years ago

Fillers in Jawline for More Oval Face

Hi and thank you for your question! While each patient is different and an in-person assessment and consultation is required to be able to come up with an individualized plan, most women see improvements with creating a more “V-shaped” look, which is achieved by restoring volume in cheeks and lifting them, and creating more define jawline. At times, we also use Botox to reduce the bulk of masseter muscle, but in your case if your concern is with long face (which cannot be seen from the pictures you posted and at minimum we need to see a picture with neutral expression) then that might not help. Another part that can contribute to face appearing longer and is often ignored is temples. Many patients see great improvements with some volume restoration in temples with fillers. I highly recommend that you work with a cosmetic doctor with great experience in whole face rejuvenation and facial sculpting procedures. Injection of fillers is relatively easy, but having great skills and an artistic eye to do it properly and at the right places is the part that matters most. I hope it helps and good luck!


IMPORTANT: These answers are for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
[kk-star-ratings align="left" reference="auto" valign="bottom"]