Amoderm is pleased to offer VI Peel, VI Peel Purify, VI Peel with Precision Plus, VI Peel Advanced and VI Peel Body. VI Peel or ViPeel is a specifically designed type of chemical peel that reverses and prevents skin aging. VI Peels can be applied to all skin types and it has little or no downtime. While highly effective, it is still safe enough to be used on the eye area as well as the neck, chest and hands. The result is younger looking and healthier, vibrant skin that will be everyone’s envy! At Amoderm, VI Peels are provided exclusively by a licensed physician.
Types of VI Peel:
Amoderm offers various types of VI Peel:
- VI Peel Original
- VI Peel Advanced
- VI Peel with Precision Plus
- VI Peel Purify
- VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus
- VI Peel Body
VI Peel will help to:
- Dramatically improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin
- Reduce or eliminate the appearance of age spots, freckles and areas of hyperpigmentation such as melasma
- Reduce the appearance and size of pores and help open and clear them
- Soften and reduce lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate production of collagen and elastin and help create firmer and rejuvenated skin
- Clear and reduce acne problems
VI Peel is a new generation of skin peel with several advantages:
Superior Anti-aging Results: VI Peel is a highly effective anti-aging treatment that can reverse the effects of sun damage, environmental factors, and time, and enhance your natural beauty. It can be applied effectively on face as well as other areas exposed to sun such as decolletage and hands.
Effective Acne Treatment for All Ages: VI Peel is highly effective on reducing acne and improving acne scars. It can be used on adults as well as younger patients as young as twelve years old. A series of treatments is recommended for effective reduction of acne scars.
Comfort & Convenience: VI Peel offers a great experience! It is virtually pain-free and the most one would experience is usually no more than a slight stinging sensation. The treatment usually takes no more than 20 minutes and no special preparation is needed. The healing time is also minimal and you can enjoy younger looking, healthy and beautiful skin in about a week!
Take-home Kit for Completing the Treatment: VI Peel comes with a complete care kit that you will take with you and can continue the treatment for the best results.
The final result is improved tone, refined texture, firmer skin, and decreased fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots and pigmentations for a youthful and radiant look!
VI Peel Original
VI Peel Original features a balanced combination of powerful active ingredients that can offer a medical-level medium-depth peel suitable for all skin types. VI Peel Original can help with improving the tone, texture and clarity of the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. VI Peel Original is formulated to provide an all-around rejuvenating effect, reduce certain skin blemishes and protect skin from further damage and it can be used to achieve the following:
• Restoring more even skin tone
• Smoothing away rough skin
• Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
VI Peel Original can be considered in these cases:
• Patients trying peels for the first time
• Patients with sensitive Skin
• Patients experiencing early signs of aging (typically starting from 20 years of age)
• Patients complaining from skin with rough texture
• Certain patients with medical conditions such as Keratosis Pilaris and Tinea Versicolor to improve skin tone and texture
VI Peel Advanced
VI Peel Advanced offers a deep peel geared toward enhancing collagen stimulation to effectively fight the effects of aging. While sharing similar blend of ingredients found in VI Peel Original, VI Peel Advanced is applied at higher dose and volume to penetrate deeper into the skin. VI Peel Advanced is the deepest peel in the VI Peel family and it can be used to achieve the following:
• Smoothing away and improving rough skin texture
• Penetrating mature skin
• Stimulating collagen production
VI Peel Advanced can be considered in these cases:
• Patients with aging Skin (typically 40 years or more)
• Patients with wrinkles and fines lines
• Patients experiencing loss of skin elasticity
• Patients with stretch marks (several sessions typically needed)
VI Peel with Precision Plus
VI Peel with Precision Plus is a specific VI Peel formulation developed to combat skin pigmentation, discoloration and darkening. In addition to all the active ingredients of VI Peel, VI Peel with Precision Plus is enhanced with a hydroquinone-enriched lightening booster and a fast-acting Brightening booster. These boosters make VI Peel with Precision Plus ideal to specifically target skin pigmentation issues and melasma.
The specific formulation of VI Peel with Precision Plus can effectively suppress the production of new skin dark pigments (melanogenesis), penetrate deep into damaged areas of skin and promote cell turnover and exfoliation to help with diminishing pigmentation and textural damage to restore skin to its natural health.
VI Peel with Precision Plus can be considered in these cases:
• Patients with UV-induced hyperpigmentation (sun-damaged skin, sun spots and freckles)
• Patients with melasma and other cases of increased pigmentation and skin darkening
• Patients with Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
VI Peel Purify:
VI Peel Purify has been specifically developed to fight and prevent acne. In addition to the effective ingredients found in VI Peel Original, VI Peel Purify packs additional agents to specifically target acne and acne-causing bacteria. Its application by your licensed physician can help greatly with reducing acne break-outs in addition to improving the tone of your skin and brightening it up.
VI Peel Purify contains:
- Benzoyl Peroxide, a potent anti-bacterial which kills acne-causing bacteria and helps to clear and cleanse pores.
- Salicylic Acid, a highly effective exfoliating agent which helps with shedding the old and dead skin cells, opening clogged pores while tightening the pore size to prevent future clogging.
- Kojic acid, a skin brightening agent that also helps with reducing acne scar
- Vitamin C, a potential anti-aging and antioxidant, essential for maintaining healthy skin and for synthesis of new collagen that also helps with brightening up the skin
Relying on this potent blend of acne-fighting and acne-preventing ingredients, VI Peel Purify is an ideal solution to tackle active acne and acne prone skin. VI Peel Purify specifically works to increase cell turnover to clear and unclog the pores, eliminate the acne-causing P. acnes bacteria, sooth skin inflammation and redness and reduce sebum production.
VI Peel Purify can be considered in these cases and scenarios:
• Patients with active acne
• Patients who are prone to breakouts
• Patients with oily and congested skin
• Teenagers experiencing acne problem
• Patients whose skin has elevated sebum production
VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus
As the name suggests, VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus combines both the boosting effects of VI Peel Purify and VI Peel Precision Plus. As a results, this advanced VI Peel treatment helps with reducing and clearing out active acne problem while also tackling and helping with acne-related issues such as acne scarring and pigmentation (PIH) caused by acne breakouts and improving skin texture. VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus can effectively reduce acne-causing P. acnes bacteria, clear out comedones & regulate sebum production in the skin, helping with unclogging congested pores. By promoting healthy cell turnover and regeneration, it can also reduce the appearance of acne scarring and pigmentation.
VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus can be considered in these cases:
• Patients with excessively oily skin
• Patients experiencing acne in adulthood
• Patients with acne scarring and relatedskin textural changes
• Patients experienced acne-related hyperpigmentation
• Patients with increased sebum production
VI Peel for Body
VI Peel Body is specifically designed to provide the skin in other parts of body with a deep peel. Similar to the skin in the face, skin in other parts of our body can be exposed to issues such as sun and UV damage (photo-aging), post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and skin darkening, active acne and acne complications such as acne scarring and pigmentation, and development of lines, wrinkles, skin laxity and skin blemishes and textural problems. In addition, skin in other parts of body can be more prone to developing rough texture and more pronounced textural irregularities in areas such as elbows, knees, and heels (e.g. calluses). Body skin may develop a common condition called Keratosis Pilaris, which while harmless, it causes dry and rough patches and tiny bumps seen on the arms, thighs, cheeks, and buttocks. Other conditions seen in body include discolored skin patches and raised scars. Given the increased thickness of skin in other parts of body (and it varying thickness from area to area), VI Peel for Body is the ideal solution to specifically address these issues in the body. Your Amoderm clinicians will customized and adjust the VI Peel for Body to specifically address the issues and areas of the skin in need of attention.
VI Peel Commonly Asked Questions:
– What is the difference between VI Peel and other peels? While application of the stronger peels is often associated with more discomfort, VI Peel is specifically designed to incorporate effective and strong acids that yield impressive results with minimal discomfort and downtime. Your doctor can modulate the peel depth and strength depending on your skin conditions and desired results.
– How does VI Peel work and what does it do? VI Peel employs combined action of medical-level acids and vitamins to restore the healthy structure of the skin. It can help erase fine lines and wrinkles, stimulate new collagen and elastin synthesis to tighten the skin, brighten up areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation (such as melasma) and reduce the size of enlarged pores.
– Does VI Peel cause skin to become thinner? No, the VI Peel exfoliates the dead layers of the skin and stimulates the body to regenerate new skin with more collagen and elastin at a faster pace, which results in healthier skin.
– Can VI Peel be used for other areas of the body? The VI Peel can be used for many parts other than face. VI Peel Body has been specifically developed to be used for various parts of the body. It is formulated for the thicker skin of the body. VI Peel Body can be very effective in treating sun damage and sun spots on hands, arms and chest areas as well as treating the wrinkles on the décolletage. It can also help greatly with clearing skin and reducing acne breakouts. Please note that the process and duration of peeling may be different and longer for these other areas.
-Does VI Peel need preconditioning? No, VI Peel typically does not requires preconditioning of the skin.
– How many treatments are recommended? Patients, in general, will usually see great results including a healthy and more radiant skin after just one peel. VI Peel is an excellent treatment to restore and repair skin and great for conditions such as acne scar and sun damage and for these and other skin conditions such as enlarged pores, skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation, more treatment sessions may be needed.
– How often should VI Peel be done? Initially and to restore damaged skin to its healthy baseline, VI Peel can be repeated as often as every two weeks if necessary. For normal maintenance of healthy and radiant skin, VI Peel can be done once every 3 months, or as recommended by your doctor.
– How long will the treatment results last? Our skin and body constantly undergo changes and the key is to offer treatments that support and promote skin maintenance. Use of appropriate skin care regimens (sun protection, moisturizers, etc) will extend the benefits of the treatment and its results. For best results, it is recommended that VI Peel is done 3-4 times per year.
– Are there skin types that should not get VI Peel? VI Peel can be used for all skin types, including darker skin types, and everyone can enjoy the anti-aging and healing benefits of VI Peel.
– Is VI Peel painful? The discomfort is minimal. Patients often experience mild stinging which goes away quickly and skin is numbed following the first pass of the VI Peel.
– How long will the treatment take and who does it? At Amoderm, VI Peel is provided by licensed physician and the treatment should typically take about 20 minutes.
– How will the skin look right after the VI Peel? Following VI Peel, your skin may appear slightly tan or red. The skin will typically feel slightly tighter on days 1-2, but patient won’t usually have any visible signs of having undergone a peel. Areas of hyperpigmentation may look a bit darker. The visible peeling (if any) will usually start on day 3, and it commonly appears first around the mouth, but it can be effectively masked using moisturizers. The peeling should conclude by the day 6-7, but depending on the treatment, a second phase of peeling is possible.
– Is it OK to put on makeup after the peel? It is recommended to allow about 2 hours after the peel. After that, there is no restriction to use makeup (as long as it is devoid of irritating agents). VI Peel is expected to reduce or even eliminate your need to putting on makeup if used on regular basis.
– How much peeling is expected after the treatment? Visible peeling is in fact a “side effect” of chemical peels and many other skin treatments, and not a measure of its success or effectiveness. VI Peel results in mild peeling which usually starts on day 3 and subsides around a week after the treatment. Use of mild moisturizers is effective in masking the peel to avoid interference with daily activities. Peeling may be invisible in some patients while others (e.g. those on Retin A treatment) may experience heavier peeling.
– How soon can I resume normal activities after the peel? VI Peel has no restrictions other than avoiding direct sunlight as much as possible and avoiding picking at the peeling skin. Normal activities can be resumed right away. For the first few days after the peel it is recommended to avoid heavy sweating.
– How much sun avoidance is needed after the peel? Like many other skin procedures, direct sun exposure should be avoided or minimized and sunblocks with broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or more should be used regularly. VI Peel is designed to be a practical peel and you should be able to continue with most of your daily activity after and between the peels, but particularly on days 3 and 4 after the peel and when the skin is peeling, you should avoid sun exposure as much as possible to ensure results are even and balanced.
– Can I exercise after VI Peel? VI Peel is designed for minimal interference with daily life activities. The home-kit solution should be applied on the skin for four hours prior to exercise and it should be washed off just before starting to exercise. Avoiding heavy sweating is recommended for the few days following the peel.
– What are the expected results after VI Peel? On about 4 days after peeling is completed (or 1-2 weeks after the treatment), the skin should return to its normal pH and the final results of VI Peel should be evident. Typically the skin will look healthier, luminous and glowing. Areas of hyperpigmentation should look brighter or even not visible anymore. The skin will have an improved tone and texture and many patients will enjoy a more youthful and refreshed look.
– Will VI Peel help with acne problem in teenagers? VI Peel is excellent for acne in adults and adolescents, and it can be an effective part of a comprehensive treatment and prevention regimen for acne sufferers of all age, combined with anti-acne skincare products. Any patients below legal age must be accompanied and consented by a parent or legal guardian.
– Will the skin be more sensitive after VI Peel? You may experience some skin sensitivity during the peel itself and following the peel for up to about 4 days until the skin pH is balanced.
– Does VI Peel provide any skin tightening effect on neck area? VI Peel has been shown to reduce lines and improve the tone and texture and tighten the skin, and the skin in neck area usually responds very well to VI Peel.