Amoderm is pleased to offer VI Peel, VI Peel Purify, and VI Peel with Precision Plus. VI Peel or ViPeel is a specifically designed type of chemical peel that reverses and prevents skin aging. VI Peels can be applied to all skin types and it has little or no downtime. While highly effective, it is still safe enough to be used on the eye area as well as the neck, chest and hands. The result is younger looking and healthier, vibrant skin that will be everyone’s envy! At Amoderm, VI Peels are provided exclusively by a licensed physician.
Types of VI Peel:
Amoderm offers 3 types of VI Peel:
- VI Peel
- VI Peel with Precision Plus
- VI Peel Purify
VI Peel will help to:
- Dramatically improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin
- Reduce or eliminate the appearance of age spots, freckles and areas of hyperpigmentation such as melasma
- Reduce the appearance and size of pores and help open and clear them
- Soften and reduce lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate production of collagen and elastin and help create firmer and rejuvenated skin
- Clear and reduce acne problems
VI Peel is a new generation of skin peel with several advantages:
Superior Anti-aging Results: VI Peel is a highly effective anti-aging treatment that can reverse the effects of sun damage, environmental factors, and time, and enhance your natural beauty. It can be applied effectively on face as well as other areas exposed to sun such as decolletage and hands.
Effective Acne Treatment for All Ages: VI Peel is highly effective on reducing acne and improving acne scars. It can be used on adults as well as younger patients as young as twelve years old. A series of treatments is recommended for effective reduction of acne scars.
Comfort & Convenience: VI Peel offers a great experience! It is virtually pain-free and the most one would experience is usually no more than a slight stinging sensation. The treatment usually takes no more than 20 minutes and no special preparation is needed. The healing time is also minimal and you can enjoy younger looking, healthy and beautiful skin in about a week!
Take-home Kit for Completing the Treatment: VI Peel comes with a complete care kit that you will take with you and can continue the treatment for the best results.
The final result is improved tone, refined texture, firmer skin, and decreased fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots and pigmentations for a youthful and radiant look!
VI Peel Purify:
VI Peel Purify has been specifically developed to fight and prevent acne. In addition to the effective ingredients found in standard VI Peel, VI Peel Purify packs additional agents to specifically target acne and acne-causing bacteria. Its application by your licensed physician can help greatly with reducing acne break-outs in addition to improving the tone of your skin and brightening it up.
VI Peel Purify contains:
- Benzoyl Peroxide, a potent anti-bacterial which kills acne-causing bacteria and helps to clear and cleanse pores.
- Salicylic Acid, a highly effective exfoliating agent which helps with shedding the old and dead skin cells, opening clogged pores while tightening the pore size to prevent future clogging.
- Kojic acid, a skin brightening agent that also helps with reducing acne scar
- Vitamin C, a potential anti-aging and antioxidant, essential for maintaining healthy skin and for synthesis of new collagen that also helps with brightening up the skin
VI Peel with Precision Plus
Precision Plus is a specific booster added to standard VI Peel to specifically target skin pigmentation issues and melasma. The Precision Plus boosters are two additional towelettes that are added to the VI Peel towelettes and they should be used together with VI Peel towelettes approximately 30 minutes before bedtime. The extra booster towelettes contain additional brightening agents to help improve skin turnover and reduce pigmentation and inflammation.
VI Peel Commonly Asked Questions:
– What is the difference between VI Peel and other peels? While application of the stronger peels is often associated with more discomfort, VI Peel is specifically designed to incorporate effective and strong acids that yield impressive results with minimal discomfort and downtime. Your doctor can modulate the peel depth and strength depending on your skin conditions and desired results.
– How does VI Peel work and what does it do? VI Peel employs combined action of medical-level acids and vitamins to restore the healthy structure of the skin. It can help erase fine lines and wrinkles, stimulate new collagen and elastin synthesis to tighten the skin, brighten up areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation (such as melasma) and reduce the size of enlarged pores.
– Does VI Peel cause skin to become thinner? No, the VI Peel exfoliates the dead layers of the skin and stimulates the body to regenerate new skin with more collagen and elastin at a faster pace, which results in healthier skin.
– Can VI Peel be used for other areas of the body? The VI Peel can be used for many parts other than face. It can be very effective in treating sun damage and sun spots on hands, arms and chest areas as well as treating the wrinkles on the décolletage. Please note that the process and duration of peeling may be different and longer for these other areas.
-Does VI Peel need preconditioning? No, VI Peel typically does not requires preconditioning of the skin.
– How many treatments are recommended? Patients, in general, will usually see great results including a healthy and more radiant skin after just one peel. VI Peel is an excellent treatment to restore and repair skin and great for conditions such as acne scar and sun damage and for these and other skin conditions such as enlarged pores, skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation, more treatment sessions may be needed.
– How often should VI Peel be done? Initially and to restore damaged skin to its healthy baseline, VI Peel can be repeated as often as every two weeks if necessary. For normal maintenance of healthy and radiant skin, VI Peel can be done once every 3 months, or as recommended by your doctor.
– How long will the treatment results last? Our skin and body constantly undergo changes and the key is to offer treatments that support and promote skin maintenance. Use of appropriate skin care regimens (sun protection, moisturizers, etc) will extend the benefits of the treatment and its results. For best results, it is recommended that VI Peel is done 3-4 times per year.
– Are there skin types that should not get VI Peel? VI Peel can be used for all skin types, including darker skin types, and everyone can enjoy the anti-aging and healing benefits of VI Peel.
– Is VI Peel painful? The discomfort is minimal. Patients often experience mild stinging which goes away quickly and skin is numbed following the first pass of the VI Peel.
– How long will the treatment take and who does it? At Amoderm, VI Peel is provided by licensed physician and the treatment should typically take about 20 minutes.
– How will the skin look right after the VI Peel? Following VI Peel, your skin may appear slightly tan or red. The skin will typically feel slightly tighter on days 1-2, but patient won’t usually have any visible signs of having undergone a peel. Areas of hyperpigmentation may look a bit darker. The visible peeling (if any) will usually start on day 3, and it commonly appears first around the mouth, but it can be effectively masked using moisturizers. The peeling should conclude by the day 6-7, but depending on the treatment, a second phase of peeling is possible.
– Is it OK to put on makeup after the peel? It is recommended to allow about 2 hours after the peel. After that, there is no restriction to use makeup (as long as it is devoid of irritating agents). VI Peel is expected to reduce or even eliminate your need to putting on makeup if used on regular basis.
– How much peeling is expected after the treatment? Visible peeling is in fact a “side effect” of chemical peels and many other skin treatments, and not a measure of its success or effectiveness. VI Peel results in mild peeling which usually starts on day 3 and subsides around a week after the treatment. Use of mild moisturizers is effective in masking the peel to avoid interference with daily activities. Peeling may be invisible in some patients while others (e.g. those on Retin A treatment) may experience heavier peeling.
– How soon can I resume normal activities after the peel? VI Peel has no restrictions other than avoiding direct sunlight as much as possible and avoiding picking at the peeling skin. Normal activities can be resumed right away. For the first few days after the peel it is recommended to avoid heavy sweating.
– How much sun avoidance is needed after the peel? Like many other skin procedures, direct sun exposure should be avoided or minimized and sunblocks with broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or more should be used regularly. VI Peel is designed to be a practical peel and you should be able to continue with most of your daily activity after and between the peels, but particularly on days 3 and 4 after the peel and when the skin is peeling, you should avoid sun exposure as much as possible to ensure results are even and balanced.
– Can I exercise after VI Peel? VI Peel is designed for minimal interference with daily life activities. The home-kit solution should be applied on the skin for four hours prior to exercise and it should be washed off just before starting to exercise. Avoiding heavy sweating is recommended for the few days following the peel.
– What are the expected results after VI Peel? On about 4 days after peeling is completed (or 1-2 weeks after the treatment), the skin should return to its normal pH and the final results of VI Peel should be evident. Typically the skin will look healthier, luminous and glowing. Areas of hyperpigmentation should look brighter or even not visible anymore. The skin will have an improved tone and texture and many patients will enjoy a more youthful and refreshed look.
– Will VI Peel help with acne problem in teenagers? VI Peel is excellent for acne in adults and adolescents, and it can be an effective part of a comprehensive treatment and prevention regimen for acne sufferers of all age, combined with anti-acne skincare products. Any patients below legal age must be accompanied and consented by a parent or legal guardian.
– Will the skin be more sensitive after VI Peel? You may experience some skin sensitivity during the peel itself and following the peel for up to about 4 days until the skin pH is balanced.
– Does VI Peel provide any skin tightening effect on neck area? VI Peel has been shown to reduce lines and improve the tone and texture and tighten the skin, and the skin in neck area usually responds very well to VI Peel.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Chemical Peel Treatment – VI Peel