18 Endeavor, Suite 200, Irvine, CA

What other options do I have for my truncal hyperhydrosis?

Cosmetic Treatments QuestionsCategory: Hyperhidrosis TreatmentWhat other options do I have for my truncal hyperhydrosis?
A patient asked 4 years ago
I’ve had a surgery done about a year and a half ago to get rid of my sweating disorder in my hands and underarms because of its severity. My surgeon has told me that the sweating has been rerouted to my chest and back instead of completely disappearing. Are there any other treatments to help me. This is incredibly embarrassing and I haven’t been able to wear any other color than black in order to hide the puddle of sweat left around my back and chest
1 Answers
Dr. Elham Jafari Staff answered 4 years ago

Options for Truncal Hyperhydrosis

Hi and thank you for your question! Since you already tried surgery, you can also try Botox injection for hyperhidrosis. We typically use it for smaller areas such as under the arms and palms of hand or feet, but if you tend to sweat more from smaller areas in your chest and back, you can give Botox a try to see if it can give you the relief you are looking for. I hope it helps and good luck!


IMPORTANT: These answers are for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
[kk-star-ratings align="left" reference="auto" valign="bottom"]