Dermal fillers are great products that when used by your skillful doctor can do miracles in reverse years of aging in just minutes! Injection of fillers is a cornerstone of successful anti-aging treatments and they are generally very safe and effective. Here are a few tips for successful filler treatments:
– Like most other cosmetic medical treatments, the skill and experience of your doctor is the key. Doctors often do not receive any formal training on filler injection as part of their medical training and it is up to them to seek advanced courses and training in this field. Less experienced doctors often focus directly on “problem areas” such as deep nasolabial lines, trying to correct them with direct injection of filler underneath. More experienced doctors know that the better approach to this problem can be injecting toward the cheeks to create a pull, flatting the lines.
– You and your doctor should aim for natural-looking results. We all have seen people whose faces “scream” that they have performed quite many cosmetic procedures, and more often than not, the results do not look much appealing. While some aging problems may require more intensive treatment, it is preferred to maintain the natural beauty of the face, focusing on effects of aging to achieve natural-looking rejuvenation. Ideally, you want your look to be you, only years younger!
– Trust your doctor to achieve whole-face rejuvenation. Aging affects several parts of our face, and its effective treatment also often requires combined use of several modalities at various areas. Some patients occasionally make the mistake of just focusing on one or few problem areas while ignoring other places. Rather than getting too obsessed with just one area, have the discussion with your doctor on treatments to address the aging of your face holistically. Your doctor can use various fillers in combination with Botox or Dysport injections made skillfully at various areas of the face for best looking results. Try to follow your doctor’s recommendations on type and dose of fillers and Botox.
– Don’t forget your hands, neck, and décolletage (among other parts of body). You don’t want your hands or neck look 10 or 20 years older than your face! Discuss rejuvenating treatment option for other parts of your body for most comprehensive rejuvenation approach.
– Use safer treatment approaches. Ask your doctor if he/she can use cannula for injecting hyaluronic acid fillers. Cannula is a flexible needle with a blunt tip which can be used to inject large volumes of filler at various parts of the face through just one point of entry. The result is less pain, discomfort, and bruising, and less risk of injury to sensitive tissues.
– Follow post-care instructions carefully. Some fillers have special post-care requirements, for example, Sculptra must be injected in a series of treatment sessions and site of injection must be massaged after each injection for best results. Ask your doctor for what to do to maximize the effectiveness of the treatment.
– Trust only qualified licensed clinicians for filler injections (and any other medical cosmetic treatments). You want your injector to know very well about various fillers, how to inject them, the anatomy of face and body, etc. More importantly, you want your injector to know about the risks and potential complications of filler injection. Complications may occur even with the most experienced injector, but you want your injector to know about the complications, their warning signs, how to treat them, and how to avoid or minimize them.
Appropriate use of dermal fillers can take away years of aging in a few minutes. For many patients, it’s not much short of a miracle. When used skillfully, fillers are among the safest and most effective treatment options to drastically rejuvenate the face and other parts of the body. If you would like to know more, call us today at 949-266-7346 or visit us at www.amoderm.com to explore your options!